A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Sunday 24 October 2010

Merveille Du Jour

Like Sean, I also caught my first Merveille Du Jour earlier this October on 13th. The beautiful green colours on a fresh adult literally light up any boring, cold October catch, and for a beginner like me, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first peered into the trap and saw it...


A real stunner! I've got the trap out tonight, and am just waiting for a Plumed Prominent to fly in... any minute now! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Bill! Interesting to see the colour difference between our shots. Have you altered the colour of yours in photoshop, or is it just the difference in camera/camera settings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean. I have 'slightly' optimised the colours using the camera's RAW editing software, but the moth was generally a very fresh and green individual. I think they fade quite quickly after emerging.

    Cheers

    P.S. I didn't manage the Plumed Prominent... too early ;-)

    ReplyDelete