A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Thursday 19 August 2010

Micro interest

In the first of my retrospective posts, I go back to 5th August in the garden: Not a great deal on the night, but amongst 45 moths of 17 species was my second Scalloped Hook-tip, and a noctuid which had me confused, til I realised it was a small Cabbage. Also a couple of interesting micros.
.
5th August:
12 Dunbar
11 Common Rustic sp.
5 Riband Wave
4 Shuttle-shaped Dart
2 Red Twin-spot Carpet
1 Scalloped Hook-tip
1 Herald
1 Ear
1 Turnip
1 Copper Underwing
1 Flame Shoulder
1 Dark Arches
1 LBBYU
1 Small Rivulet
1 Cabbage
1 Large Yellow Underwing
.
Pyrausta aurata
An unknown bold micro (I got two of these)

Garden Pebble
Cabbage Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment