A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Saturday 24 April 2010

Introductions

Hi all,

My name is Sean Foote and I live in Haslemere is south-west Surrey. I first started trapping in July last year, and just like Billy, I have well and truly been bitten by the bug (or should that be the moth)! I have so far recorded an amazing 170 species in my tiny sub-urban garden so far, and I only use a bottom-of-the-range trap (a 15W Actinic)!

At the moment it is far to cold at night to trap, but hopefully with the wind changing to a more southerly, we can get going soon. The last time I trapped I got just four moths, but it did include a new for the year Early Thorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment