A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Monday 26 April 2010

25th April - Ken




For once there was some cloud cover last night, which meant that I had a few moths in the trap. As well as brindled pug, I think I had a double-striped pug but it flew away before I managed to catch it - it would have been my first for the year.
Purple thorn and lunar marbled brown were noted.
The species that were new for 2010 were:
the tiny micro with a long name (about 6mm long and tricky to photo) Eriocrania subpurpurpella
nut-tree tussock
Alucita hexadactyla (also called twenty-plumed moth) - another small micro.

No comments:

Post a Comment