A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Saturday 24 March 2012

The moths are Blossoming!

A night which was completely clear, didn't promise much, but the day had been warm, so I thought it was worth trying. Boy was it, as I got a total of 200 Small Quaker (with my previous trap, the most individuals of all species I got in one night was 107)! I also got a brand new species. I actually counted 199 Small Quaker, but I made a point of searching all the surfaces outside, in order to get that 200th, which I managed! The new one was a lovely Blossom Underwing.
.
24th Mar:
200 Small Quaker
9 Common Quaker
4 Hebrew Character
3 Clouded Drab
3 Twin-spot Quaker
2 Brindled Pug NFY
2 Early Grey NFY
1 Dotted Border
1 Red Chestnut
1 Chestnut
1 Blossom Underwing NFM
1 Oak Beauty
.
Brindled Pug
Early Grey
Blossom Underwing

1 comment: