A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Monday 1 October 2012

A Shot in the Dark

I'm now in my house at Ash Vale near Aldershot.  As it was a mild, cloudy night, I thought it was worth an exploratory trapping, despite all my mothing gear being burried.  I have my unpacking priorities correct!  I am planning to start trapping properly in the new year, so last night was merely a sighter.  I didn't make any notes, but there was nothing in there that I wouldn't expect in Haslemere.  Best moth was a Black Rustic, but the trap was full of Caddisflies, proving the proximity of the Basingstoke Canal.

30th Sept, Ash Vale:
15 Lesser Yellow Underwing
10 Large Yellow Underwing
5 Common Marbled Carpet
4 Large Ranunculus
4 Lunar Underwing
3 Snout
1 Black Rustic
1 Square-spot Rustic
1 Light Brown Apple Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment