A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Tuesday 18 September 2012

Red Alert

Cloud was in the forecast again last evening, but it was rather chilly come dawn.  It would be rather fitting if this was my last ever trapping in this garden, but I suspect I will be able to get a few more in the next 11 days, unfortunately.  I say that, because I got a bonza garden tick last night, and only my second ever.  It was to my great surprise that I saw a Red Underwing bumbling around the trap when it came to the morning rumage.  A gorgeous species, which I had only seen once, many years ago resting on the side of the RSPB visitor centre at Radipole Lake!  This made up for what was otherwise a very poor catch.

17th September:
Macros:
25 Large Yellow Underwing
5 Lesser Yellow Underwing
4 Common Marbled Carpet
2 Silver Y
2 Light Emerald
1 Vine's Rustic
1 Setaceous Hebrew Character
1 Snout
1 Red Underwing NFG

Micros:
2 Light Brown Apple Moth (!)


Red Underwing

No comments:

Post a Comment