A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Thursday 26 May 2011

Improving weather...and moths

After a gap of a month, I was back trapping in the garden last night. The weather still looked clear, and when I tended the trap in the morning, the light was out (probably a loose connection). Despite these setbacks, I still managed 35 moths of 10 species, all but one of which were new for the year! The best one was probably only my second ever Pale-shouldered Brocade. Lets hope the weather is on the change for the better.

25th May:

22 Heart and Dart

3 Treble Line

2 Grey Pine Carpet

2 Rustic

1 Bird's Wing

1 Lesser Swallow Prominent

1 Shuttle-shaped Dart

1 Ingrailed Clay

1 Pale-shouldered Brocade

1 May Highflyer


Lesser Swallow Promient (I only ever seem to get Lesser in the garden)



Pale-shouldered Brocade




P.S. Sorry Ken, but there appears to be some sort of glitch, meaning I can't reply to comments. Yes, I am still using your trusty trap in the garden! There appears to be a loose connection in the plug at the moment, hopefully easily fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment