A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Sunday 20 February 2011

March comes Early

Sorry, I know I can't compete with Sean's title puns, but I gave it my best try!

Over the last few weeks, I've trapped on the 12th and 18th, and although the chilly nights seem to have returned, it doesn't seem to be stopping hardy early species from being on the wing, and I've managed to add 3 species to the garden list.

March Moth- described as generally very common throughout Surrey. In an unusual posture...


Same moth, in its typical posture...


Early Moth- another common species, but a welcome sight...


Hebrew Character- Caught an individual of this early appearing noctuid on 12th, no doubt it will become much commoner as spring arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment