A NEW WEBSITE!

As of March 2015, an official website for Surrey Moths has been set-up here. There you'll find information on everything to do with the Surrey Branch of Butterfly Conservation, including the updated events calender for 2015. Hope to see you there!




Saturday 25 February 2012

Nice to get some moths!

I trapped a couple of nights ago, and got nothing. Last night was not as warm, but I decided to trap anyway. Amazingly, I got 10 moths (+ a few micros)! Presumably, this is because it took a few nights of warmer temps to persuade moths to hatch out, or leave thier hibernation places. Nothing new for the garden, but some nice species.
.
24th Feb:
3 Chestnut
2 Spring Usher
2 Common Quaker
1 Dotted Border
1 Satellite
1 March Moth
.
Sorry about the ugly black rectangles, but I am using my new laptop, and I haven't got quite used to the photo editing software yet!
.
Spring Usher
Satellite
March Moth
Dotted Border
Common Quaker

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul! I didn't have as many as I thought I might last night: 9 Small Brindled Beauty, 2 Spring Usher, 1 March Moth and a Common Quaker. Been very warm today but temp dropping a bit now.

    ReplyDelete